Blood Count

Type: Keyphrase
Name: Blood Count
First reported Aug 20 2014 - Updated Aug 20 2014 - 1 reports

8/20/2014: Variety: WHAT IT SHOWS...

CBC is performed by drawing a few millilitres of blood from a vein, which is then analysed in a laboratory. It helps measure important blood count values: red blood cells (RBC), which carry oxygen, white blood cells (WBC), which fight infection,... ... [Published Hindustan Times - Aug 20 2014]
First reported Aug 13 2014 - Updated Aug 13 2014 - 1 reports

Women24.com | Stress: it caught up with me

To catch up on the series, read  Love, sex, drama and self-discovery: The escapades of Violet Online .‘How old are you?’ my Doctor asked, and for a second I thought he was asking me out on a date.I smiled seductively, about to answer - ‘Too old for you’ ... [Published Women24.com - Aug 13 2014]
First reported Aug 12 2014 - Updated Aug 12 2014 - 1 reports

Mailbag: Dispensary a good addition

I want to share my personal experience with our local medical marijuana dispensary located in Albany. I am a 73-year-old disabled widow who needs both knees replaced. I live with a very high level of pain. I have lost 50 pounds in a few months due to ... [Published Albany Democrat Herald - Aug 12 2014]
First reported Aug 11 2014 - Updated Aug 12 2014 - 1 reports

Health series set for second Tuesday at senior center

A health series with Dr. Daniel Kott will be held the second Tuesday of each month at the Lions Club Park Senior Center.“Understanding Your Blood Count” starts at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday with Kott explaining the numbers and cell functions associated with white ... [Published Killeen Daily Herald - Aug 11 2014]
Entities: Blood Count
First reported Aug 10 2014 - Updated Aug 10 2014 - 1 reports

Blog Post: That was the week that was...

Well we're half way there, third chemo session was Friday just gone and to be honest it could have gone better but then again I don't suppose OH helped himself by drinking a bottle of red the night before.  Completely wiped him out this time but as usual ... [Published Macmillan Cancer Support - Aug 10 2014]
First reported Aug 09 2014 - Updated Aug 09 2014 - 1 reports

Heavy and irregular periods can be signs of other health issues

Most women experience a standard menstrual cycle that occurs every 25-35 days and lasts about four to seven days; unfortunately a small percentage of women have periods that are more complicated than that.Some experience heavy or irregular periods that ... [Published Kentucky.com - Aug 09 2014]
First reported Aug 08 2014 - Updated Aug 08 2014 - 1 reports

Can you understand your doctor?

By Richard Fleming, MDSometimes it seems doctors and their patients do not speak the same language. I am not referring to cases where the doctor only speaks English and the patient only speaks Spanish. Interpreters and telephone “language lines” can help ... [Published Davis Enterprise - Aug 08 2014]
First reported Aug 07 2014 - Updated Aug 07 2014 - 1 reports

Blood donors give the gift of life

FOR half of Tim Jackson's life, his primary focus has been on staying alive. FOR half of Tim Jackson's life, his primary focus has been on staying alive. The 20-year-old has battled the physical and emotional toll of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, the ... [Published Port Macquarie News - Aug 07 2014]
First reported Jul 31 2014 - Updated Jul 31 2014 - 1 reports

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: In praise of our hospital

In praise of our hospitalOn June 25th my mother-in-law, (mom to me), was very anemic and required a transfusion of three units of blood to build up her iron. She was admitted to Desert View Hospital and spent three days there. I cannot say enough about ... [Published Pahrump Valley Times - Jul 31 2014]
First reported Jul 29 2014 - Updated Jul 29 2014 - 1 reports

United Blood Service In Need of Donors After Low Turnout At Battle of the Badges Drive

United Blood Services says it's concerned about its blood count after the Battle of the Badges drive came up short. This year, they were hoping for 1000 donors, but only received about only 600, and only about 500 of them were eligible to donate. Now, ... [Published WDAY - Jul 29 2014]
First reported Jul 24 2014 - Updated Jul 25 2014 - 3 reports

Ube : Study Suggests Link Between Fukushima Radiation and Japanese Monkeys' Low Blood Count

Brandon Baker , EcoWatchTargeted News ServiceCLEVELAND , July 24 -- EcoWatch issued the following news:Reposted with permission from EcoWatch (http://ecowatch.com/2014/07/24/fukushima-monkeys-blood/)In addition to the area residents, cleanup crew members ... [Published 4 Traders - Jul 25 2014]
First reported Jul 24 2014 - Updated Jul 24 2014 - 1 reports

3 year old has high rbc, hct and hgb. Please help!

My daughter went to her 3 year check up a few days ago and got some blood work done. They have not called me back with her results yet, but I saw them on her medical chart online. It says that her red blood count, hct and hgb are all higher then they ... [Published HealthBoards - Jul 24 2014]
Entities: Blood Count, Pneumonia

Quotes

"In conclusion, although secondary autoimmunity post alemtuzumab is common, the majority will be related to the thyroid and relatively easy  to manage. The rarer potentially life-threatening autoimmune diseases will be detected with screening and if treated early should be a manageable risk. Please let me know if you need any other information."
“She said, ‘I can run 50 more tests but your son basically has no blood count, and the only explanation for that is that he has leukemia, "” recalled Kevin from the day five years ago his son Ethan was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia at seven years old."
"We'd go to Bojangles and then he would always want to go to Wal-mart," he said. "That was probably the fondest thing, just spending that time with him and going out on our little outings on Saturdays."
The 104 health helpline run by GVK-EMRI has started providing information on the Ebola virus. "There are lots of rumours and misconceptions about the epidemic. We have received calls from people asking if they are vulnerable to the disease and how they can protect themselves" GVK-EMRI regional manager Prabhudoss B said

More Content

All (105) | News (80) | Reports (0) | Blogs (25) | Audio/Video (0) | Fact Sheets (0) | Press Releases (0)
sort by: Date | Relevance
Urinary Incontinence: Urologic and Medication E... [Published U.S.Pharmacist - 1 hour ago]
Please help do i have parathyroidism? [Published HealthBoards - Aug 20 2014]
8/20/2014: Variety: WHAT IT SHOWS... [Published Hindustan Times - Aug 20 2014]
Forum Post: RE: infection risk [Published Macmillan Cancer Support - Aug 19 2014]
Can papaya leaves help cure dengue? [Published The Kuala Lumpur Post - Aug 17 2014]
ClinicSpeak: secondary autoimmunity post-alemtu... [Published Multiple Sclerosis Research - Aug 16 2014]
St. Jude Family Inspires Breakaway Bardog 5K [Published MyFox Memphis - Aug 16 2014]
Chronic myeloid leukemia with an e1a3 BCR-ABL f... [Published 7thSpace - Aug 14 2014]
Toddler's strength lives on through family [Published Petersburg Progress-Index - Aug 14 2014]
Forum Post: RE: Chemo and radiotherapy - how ef... [Published Macmillan Cancer Support - Aug 13 2014]
Women24.com | Stress: it caught up with me [Published Women24.com - Aug 13 2014]
Breast Cancer Chemotherapy Varies Widely: Study... [Published Forbes.com - Aug 13 2014]
Forum Post: Germ Cell Tumor Seminoma which star... [Published Macmillan Cancer Support - Aug 13 2014]
NBI: Security, health concerns hound Palparan t... [Published GMA News Online - Aug 13 2014]
Mailbag: Dispensary a good addition [Published Albany Democrat Herald - Aug 12 2014]
Health series set for second Tuesday at senior ... [Published Killeen Daily Herald - Aug 11 2014]
Spree glee: 8-year-old with sickle cell disease... [Published Marietta Daily Journal - Aug 11 2014]
Man from Guinea sparks Ebola scare at Chennai a... [Published Times of India - Aug 10 2014]
Stress on more stem cell donors [Published Assam Tribune - Aug 10 2014]
Doctor — Why do you have to look up the answer? [Published The Times Of Israel - Aug 10 2014]
Blog Post: That was the week that was... [Published Macmillan Cancer Support - Aug 10 2014]
Heavy and irregular periods can be signs of oth... [Published Kentucky.com - Aug 09 2014]
Can you understand your doctor? [Published Davis Enterprise - Aug 08 2014]
Primary Systemic Amyloidosis Market - Global In... [Published MyNewsDesk - Aug 08 2014]
Blood donors give the gift of life [Published Port Macquarie News - Aug 07 2014]
MEI Pharma To Present At Wedbush PacGrow Life S... [Published KSFY - Aug 06 2014]
MEI Pharma To Present At Wedbush PacGrow Life S... [Published Barchart - Aug 06 2014]
Blood Testing Market: New Industry Research Rep... [Published MyNewsDesk - Aug 06 2014]
Spain gets ready for possible arrival of Ebola ... [Published Think Spain - Aug 03 2014]
Celebrating champion blood donors | Photos [Published Port Macquarie News - Jul 31 2014]
1 2 3 4
In Focus
Content Volume
Document Volume
Network
Network

Blogs

sort by: Date | Relevance
Please help do i have parathyroidism? [Published HealthBoards - Aug 20 2014]
Hey guys! I am a 26 year-old male and I am trying to find out what is going on! This is all new to me because till now I have hardly ever been sick my whole life. I maybe had like 2 colds and that's it.Anyways so my symptoms started about 6-8 months or ...
ClinicSpeak: secondary autoimmunity post-alemtu... [Published Multiple Sclerosis Research - Aug 16 2014]
Secondary autoimmunity occurs in ~50% of MSers treated with alemtuzumab. #ClinicSpeak #MSBlog #MSResearch "The following post is in response to yesterday's ClinicSpeak post on natalizumab vs. alemtuzumab and the question about secondary autoimmunity ...
3 year old has high rbc, hct and hgb. Please help! [Published HealthBoards - Jul 24 2014]
My daughter went to her 3 year check up a few days ago and got some blood work done. They have not called me back with her results yet, but I saw them on her medical chart online. It says that her red blood count, hct and hgb are all higher then they ...
11 year old and blood tranfusions [Published HealthBoards - Jul 09 2014]
Hi there. I am new here. I am hoping I can get a wide range of opinions, suggestions and perhaps some experiences. I realize not all have experienced the same things but the more resources that are pulled together and advice with an open mind can eventually ...
Help family inherited hypothyroid negative results [Published HealthBoards - Jul 05 2014]
Can anyone please relate or help me understand my blood results, my neice is hypothyroid, and having been so I'll for so long and now living in malta, I have seen a doctor here, I went because I was sleeping the clock round, and so dizzy passing out sometimes, ...
1 2 3 4 5
Contact Us
Sales
Support

Freebase CC-BY Some image thumbnails are sourced from Freebase, licensed under CC-BY

Copyright (C) 2014 Silobreaker Ltd. All rights reserved.
The selection and placement of stories and images on any Silobreaker page are determined automatically by a computer program.
The time or date displayed reflects when an article was added to or updated in Silobreaker.