Kokkola (Finland)

Type: City
Name: Kokkola (Finland)
Country: Finland
Latitude: 63.84
Longitude: 23.120001
population: 35,586
First reported Oct 10 2014 - Updated Oct 10 2014 - 2 reports

Lundin Mining Announces Pricing of US$1.0 Billion of Senior Secured Notes

TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 10/10/14 -- Lundin Mining CorporationThe net proceeds from the offering of the Notes, together with proceeds from the previously announced subscription receipt financing and streaming purchase agreement, will be used ... [Published BusinessWeek - Oct 10 2014]
First reported Oct 07 2014 - Updated Oct 07 2014 - 1 reports

Lundin buys stake in Chilean mine for $1.8B US

Lundin Mining says it's buying an 80 per cent stake in the Candelaria and Ojos del Salado copper mine in Chile from Freeport-McMoRan Inc. for $1.8 billion US.The remaining 20 per cent stake in the mines will continue to be owned by Sumitomo Metal Mining ... [Published CBC - Oct 07 2014]
First reported Oct 06 2014 - Updated Oct 07 2014 - 1 reports

Lundin buys stake in Chile copper mine for $1.8B, will sell part of gold/silver operations

, EDT. TORONTO - Lundin Mining (TSX:LUN) says it's buying an 80 per cent stake in the Candelaria and Ojos del Salado copper mine in Chile from Freeport-McMoRan Inc. for US$1.8 billion.The remaining 20 per cent stake in the mines will continue to be owned ... [Published 610 CKTB - Oct 06 2014]
First reported Oct 03 2014 - Updated Oct 03 2014 - 1 reports

Skangass to build new LNG terminal in Pori, Finland

LNG provider Skangass is set to build the new import terminal for LNG at the Tahkoluoto port of Pori on the south-western coast of Finland.The company has received a positive investment support decision from the Finnish Ministry of Employment and the ... [Published Ship Technology - Oct 03 2014]
First reported Oct 01 2014 - Updated Oct 01 2014 - 3 reports

Boliden Buys Finland’s Kylylahti

Officials at Boliden AB have announced their purchase of the Kylylahti copper mine and other copper-nickel deposits in eastern Finland's Outokumpu field from Australia-based Altona Mining Ltd. for $95 million. Opened in 2012 with a lifespan forecast through ... [Published Engineering And Mining Journal - Oct 01 2014]
First reported Sep 25 2014 - Updated Sep 25 2014 - 1 reports

Researchers from University of Oulu Describe Findings in Chemical Engineering [The use of (green field) biomass pretreatment liquor for fermentative...

Researchers from University of Oulu Describe Findings in Chemical Engineering [The use of (green field) biomass pretreatment liquor for fermentative butanol production and the catalytic oxidation of biobutanol]By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Journal ... [Published HispanicBusiness.com - Sep 25 2014]
First reported Sep 23 2014 - Updated Sep 24 2014 - 1 reports

Lundin Mining Commences Production at Eagle Mine

TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 09/23/14 -- (TSX: LUN) (OMX: LUMI) ("Lundin Mining" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that concentrate production has commenced from the high grade Eagle nickel-copper mine. Construction activities at the Eagle ... [Published Pettinga Financial Advisors - Sep 23 2014]
First reported Sep 18 2014 - Updated Sep 19 2014 - 1 reports

Finland Grants 65.2 Million Support to 3 LNG Terminal

September 18th, 20142:31pmPosted In:Natural Gas , LNG , News By Country , Other Countries , Finland(Credit: Gasum)Finland ’s Ministry of Employment and the Economy (MEE) has given the green light to LNG terminals in Tornio, Pori and Rauma, committing ... [Published Natural Gas Europe - Sep 18 2014]
First reported Sep 14 2014 - Updated Sep 14 2014 - 1 reports

Finnish teacher to host 35-year reunion

MARQUETTE - "Tervetuloa suomenkielen luokkaan." That's a phrase students in Ishpeming resident Tanja Stanaway's Finnish language classes have been hearing for the past 35 years."When I came from Finland in 1972, I realized there are a lot of Finnish people ... [Published Marquette Mining Journal - Sep 14 2014]

Quotes

"Candelaria is a well run, renowned asset with superb infrastructure and an experienced operating team. This transaction further enhances our company by providing increased operational and geographic diversification, using a balanced financing structure which allows us to maintain a strong balance sheet going forward."
...with respect to the technical information contained in this news release are available in a National Instrument 43‐101 Technical Report entitled "Technical Report for the Compañía Minera Candelaria and Compañía Minera Ojos del Salado Copper Projects, Atacama Province, Region III, Chile" prepared by SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. and authored by Jean-Francois Couture, P Geo., Glen Cole, P Geo., Gary Poxleitner, P Eng...
"Interest in LNG is found among industrial, shipping and heavy-duty land transport customers."
"We are looking forward to the synergies in mining, metallurgy and exploration," said CEO Lennart Evrell. "Exploration potential has not been explored in any detail, which is naturally very exciting.”"

More Content

All (15) | News (13) | Reports (0) | Blogs (1) | Audio/Video (0) | Fact Sheets (0) | Press Releases (1)
sort by: Date | Relevance
Lundin Mining Announces Pricing of US$1.0 Billi... [Published BusinessWeek - Oct 10 2014]
Lundin Mining Announces Pricing of US$1.0 Billi... [Published Stockboard Media Inc. - Oct 10 2014]
Lundin buys stake in Chilean mine for $1.8B US [Published CBC - Oct 07 2014]
Lundin buys stake in Chile copper mine for $1.8... [Published 610 CKTB - Oct 06 2014]
Lundin Mining Announces Agreement to Purchase F... [Published Digital Journal - Oct 06 2014]
Skangass to build new LNG terminal in Pori, Fin... [Published Ship Technology - Oct 03 2014]
Boliden Buys Finland’s Kylylahti [Published Engineering And Mining Journal - Oct 01 2014]
Today, Boliden becomes a Finnish mining operator [Published 4 Traders - Oct 01 2014]
Today, Boliden becomes a Finnish mining operator [Published CisionWire - English - Oct 01 2014]
Researchers from University of Oulu Describe Fi... [Published HispanicBusiness.com - Sep 25 2014]
Lundin Mining Commences Production at Eagle Mine [Published Pettinga Financial Advisors - Sep 23 2014]
Lundin Mining : Commences Production at Eagle Mine [Published 4 Traders - Sep 23 2014]
Finland Grants 65.2 Million Support to 3 LNG Te... [Published Natural Gas Europe - Sep 18 2014]
Finnish teacher to host 35-year reunion [Published Marquette Mining Journal - Sep 14 2014]
HANZA selected as manufacturer partner by Konek... [Published GlobeNewswire: Advertising News - Jun 24 2014]
1
Content Volume
Document Volume
Network
Network

Blogs

sort by: Date | Relevance
Today, Boliden becomes a Finnish mining operator [Published CisionWire - English - Oct 01 2014]
Boliden’s purchase of the Kylylahti copper mine and of copper/nickel deposits in the Outokumpu field in eastern Finland was completed today and sees Boliden establish itself as both a mining and a smelting operator in Finland.“We welcome the Kylylahti ...
1

Press Releases

sort by: Date | Relevance
HANZA selected as manufacturer partner by Konek... [Published GlobeNewswire: Advertising News - Jun 24 2014]
1
Contact Us
Sales
Support


Freebase CC-BY Some image thumbnails are sourced from Freebase, licensed under CC-BY

Copyright (C) 2014 Silobreaker Ltd. All rights reserved.
The selection and placement of stories and images on any Silobreaker page are determined automatically by a computer program.
The time or date displayed reflects when an article was added to or updated in Silobreaker.