Martyn Poliakoff

Type: Person
Name: Martyn Poliakoff
First reported Aug 09 2014 - Updated Aug 09 2014 - 1 reports

Changing Your Hair Colour Without Using Dye

Etching your hair strands with nano-patterns probably isn’t the first alternative to come to mind. New research is suggesting that the future of hair colouring could be in the form of a flatiron that presses a pattern into the strands of your hair, changing ... [Published University of Nottingham Impact - Aug 09 2014]
First reported Aug 07 2014 - Updated Aug 07 2014 - 1 reports

Mind-Bending Video Shows Liquid Boiling, Freezing At Same Time

How's this for a " state " of confusion?This YouTube video (above) features a flask of cyclohexane that's been put under a vacuum. As the pressure in the flask is lowered, the cyclohexane on top begins to freeze as the cyclohexane below boils , simultaneously ... [Published Huffington Post - Aug 07 2014]
First reported Aug 05 2014 - Updated Aug 05 2014 - 1 reports

Chemistry World podcast - August 2014

0.58 – A synthetic diamond that is even harder than its natural counterpart and able to withstand even hotter temperatures has been made by researchers in China. Hardest diamond ever made from carbon onions3.42 – A wild mushroom eaten by foraging enthusiasts ... [Published RSC - Aug 05 2014]
First reported Jul 31 2014 - Updated Aug 01 2014 - 3 reports

YUMMY: A McDonald's Cheeseburger In Hydrochloric Acid

This is a video of a McDonald's cheeseburger (no word on with or without onions) being dipped in hydrochloric acid . Hydrochloric acid is formed in the stomach and makes up about 0.5% of food-dissolving gastric acid. The other 99.5%? Tiny warriors ... [Published Geekologie - Gadgets, Gizmos, and Awesome - Aug 01 2014]
First reported Aug 01 2014 - Updated Aug 01 2014 - 1 reports

If you're going to San Francisco

Time flies and we are already halfway through the summer. July was busy and our special issue themed around chemistry and art seemed to go down very well with our audiences.From the August issue, it is worth highlighting the commemoration of the 100th ... [Published RSC - Aug 01 2014]
First reported Jul 31 2014 - Updated Jul 31 2014 - 1 reports

The worldwide chemist

Martyn Poliakoff’s chemistry research and science outreach have secured him hundreds of thousands of followers around the world. Bea Perks profiles the internet’s favourite ‘mad professor’© Anne PurkissMartyn Poliakoff , foreign secretary of the Royal ... [Published RSC - Jul 31 2014]
First reported Jul 30 2014 - Updated Jul 30 2014 - 1 reports

Watch This, And You May Never Look At Cheeseburgers The Same Way Again

Warning: This may destroy cheeseburgers for you forever.Hydrochloric acid is a strong compound that has many industrial uses, from removing rust from steel to processing leather. It's also found in your stomach.In fact, a stomach-churning episode from ... [Published Huffington Post - Jul 30 2014]

Quotes

"as you're watching me, churning away in your stomach is acid which is one of the first stages in which food is broken down into usable components to give you energy or to make you fat" our favorite Einstein-look-a-like Martyn Poliakoff, a chemist at the university, says in the video

More Content

All (9) | News (8) | Reports (0) | Blogs (1) | Audio/Video (0) | Fact Sheets (0) | Press Releases (0)
sort by: Date | Relevance
Changing Your Hair Colour Without Using Dye [Published University of Nottingham Impact - Aug 09 2014]
Mind-Bending Video Shows Liquid Boiling, Freezi... [Published Huffington Post - Aug 07 2014]
Chemistry World podcast - August 2014 [Published RSC - Aug 05 2014]
YUMMY: A McDonald's Cheeseburger In Hydrochlori... [Published Geekologie - Gadgets, Gizmos, and Awesome - Aug 01 2014]
Watch What Happens When McDonald’s Cheeseburger... [Published Opposing Views - Aug 01 2014]
If you're going to San Francisco [Published RSC - Aug 01 2014]
What Happens To A McDonald’s Cheeseburger In Yo... [Published Medical Daily - Jul 31 2014]
The worldwide chemist [Published RSC - Jul 31 2014]
Watch This, And You May Never Look At Cheesebur... [Published Huffington Post - Jul 30 2014]
1
Content Volume
Document Volume
Network
Network

Blogs

sort by: Date | Relevance
YUMMY: A McDonald's Cheeseburger In Hydrochlori... [Published Geekologie - Gadgets, Gizmos, and Awesome - Aug 01 2014]
This is a video of a McDonald's cheeseburger (no word on with or without onions) being dipped in hydrochloric acid . Hydrochloric acid is formed in the stomach and makes up about 0.5% of food-dissolving gastric acid. The other 99.5%? Tiny warriors ...
1
Contact Us
Sales
Support


Freebase CC-BY Some image thumbnails are sourced from Freebase, licensed under CC-BY

Copyright (C) 2014 Silobreaker Ltd. All rights reserved.
The selection and placement of stories and images on any Silobreaker page are determined automatically by a computer program.
The time or date displayed reflects when an article was added to or updated in Silobreaker.